Terms of reference
- To foster research and practical experience in multi-scale issues and automated map generalisation and to form a network and focal point for researchers and practitioners in this domain.
- To foster and maintain a liaison with related commissions and working groups within the ICA as well as in related national and international organisations (e.g. ISPRS, IGU, EuroSDR), including:
- identification of contact persons
- timely mutual updating on planned activities
- organisation of joint conference sessions and/or workshops
- To maintain a World Wide Web site for electronic dissemination of research on multiscale issues and map generalisation, including :
- a membership database,
- a bibliographic database,
- examples of research projects and test data,
- links to related web sites,
- and (optionally) an electronic discussion list.
- To organise sessions and meetings for exploring the issues named above, including :
- workshops held every two years in conjunction with international cartographic conferences
- special sessions and/or panel sessions at international cartographic conferences, in collaboration with local organisers
- To produce publications for dissemination of the above efforts, including one special issue of a peer-reviewed scientific journal or a book every two years.